Monday, July 14, 2008

Creating Crossword Puzzles: Excel vs. edhelper.com

I was working on the crossword puzzle assignment and I used Excel and I use the crossword puzzle maker on edhelper.com. I have never used Excel before, so this was a new experience. I had some difficulties at the start, but I finally got the hang of it. It took me along time to finish the puzzle. Next time I use Excel to make a puzzle, I'm sure it would go a little smoother. The crossword puzzle maker at edhelper.com was so wonderful! It took me little time to complete because of the features. All you had to do is type in the word and the clue, and the and answer some basic lay-out questions, and the puzzle was generated for you. The site even offered to help you give clues for your words. The only drawback was that edhelper.com is a pay site. The price is well worth it if you were to use puzzles as a main way to introduce vocabulary to students.

1 comment:

Dr. Smirnova said...

Michael, every time you speak about something created on the Internet or with the MS tools you are expected to illustrate with the examples -- links, or images. DO it next time please.