Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Using Web 2.0 in Our Lessons

With all of the new technology in the world today, we educators would be foolish not to take advantage. There are soooo many great sites that teachers can use to create effective lessons and allow students to express themselves creativity. There are so many tools, I could not begin to list them, but I checked out mypodcast.com and this very site blogger.com These can be used to present information and gauge information! I would think that for every unit you teach, you should try to incorporate at least one of the thousands of web 2.0 tools into the lesson planning
I decided to use www.blogger.com to have students create a blog. The blog will deal with westward expansion in the 19th century. The students will put themselves in the shoes of those pioneers and post what experiences they would expect to encounter during a long trip west. They will use what they read and learn in class to draw from. Here is the Backboard link to my lesson: http://www.getbackboard.com/view/S6DKrABNx9

No comments: